Spring is here and summer is around the corner! Time to get some spring cleaning done around the house, but don’t forget about your HVAC system! As crazy as it sounds, checking to make sure all of your equipment is running smooth and solid will be your golden ticket for the feel of sweet, cool air conditioning throughout the steamy, hot summer months ahead.
Here’s a few helpful hints to keep your bills down and your HVAC system cranking!
- Replace Furnace Filter. A clean filter can significantly reduce your energy usage and keep your costs down. If you have a temporary filter, replace it every month. And if it’s a permanent filter, remove it and wash it off monthly.
- Clean Out Drainage Hole. Keeping the tiny hole clear at your air conditioner’s base beneath the evaporator fins is imperative for an efficiently running system. So small, this hole can be cleaned out manually with a piece of wire or paper clip.
- Hang That Dehumidifier Out to Dry. To be certain your dehumidifier is working at its highest level, remove the outer casing and allow it to dry. Afterward, vacuum the unit to make sure it’s free from dirt, debris, and grime, and then put it back together.
- Clean Up Outside. Check out your air conditioning unit at least twice a month and remove any weeds or other obstructions nearby. A two-foot area around the system should be kept clear of any foreign objects to allow it to pull in the air it needs to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Wipe Down Bathroom Fans. First, be certain the power is off before taking on this project. Then remove each fan’s cover and wash them with soap and warm water. A toothbrush can be used to thoroughly clean the fan blades. Finally, return the fan’s cover and enjoy the breeze.
- Install Smart Thermostats. These beauties are soon to be your best friend. Smart thermostats allow you to control the temperature of your home while you are inside and while you are out. Regulating the temperature for when you are home and away can save tremendous energy that would otherwise be wasted. And it keeps your costs in check!
- Time for a Tuneup. The most important to-do is to schedule a tuneup with the experts. Your nearby HVAC professional, Care Temp, is available by calling 855-788-TEMP 24 hours, 7 days a week.
We provide exceptional air conditioning repair throughout Brick, NJ, Toms River, as well as impeccable AC repair services in Jackson, NJ, and beyond. Our team will be able to take a closer look and make sure there are no potential problems. When it all comes down to it, keeping up a routine with your HVAC system is an invaluable way to reduce your energy usage and lower your bills!